My dear mother is still living. She is amazing and attends most of the activities of her grandchildren. I don't know how she does it, but she keeps on going. My brothers and sister (and spouses) are dear to me and I'm so thankful for each of them. They are good people, kind and loving. Lana is my best friend of all and I'm so happy for her. She graduates from ASU with a master's in education Dec. 17. Way to go Lana.
I'm so thankful for my children (and spouses)and their children. We have 12 grandchildren and each one is so very unique and wonderful and dear to us. I love visiting with them, hearing them read to me, or watching them at play.
It is very different having a daughter having a baby rather than a daughter-in-law. Danette is 6 months along and she has been so kind to keep me involved in her progress. She invited me to her first sonogram, she comes over and visits often and brings me up to date on her pregnancy. She looks so darling and we are all excited for March 2010.
I'm thankful for the lessons the Lord has taught me through dealing with issues and troubles. It seems the harder the problem, the greater the lesson. I have developed a philosophy about dealing with problems.
I say: "It's not the problems you have to deal with,
it's how you deal with the problems you have."
So, I have learned patience, compassion, humility and love, as well as a greater appreciation for those qualities in others. I am thankful for life's many lessons and very grateful that God seems to trust in me, that I can bare whatever burdens or experiences He calls on me to go through. I've heard it said, "God never gives us more than we can handle." I've also heard it added that "I just wish God didn't trust me so much."
God bless each of you, my dear family and friends with love, patience and endurance.
No comments:
Post a Comment