Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy New Year and new decade. Wow! Another one. I started life in the 50's when you could leave your doors unlocked and girls wore skirts and dresses to school; a prayer was offered at school each day along with the Pledge of Allegiance, and milk cost a nickel. Now here it is 2010! We've come a long way. However, I'm afraid we have lost a great deal of civility and common courtesy. We seem to look for the worst in others and spread it around like grass seeds. It grows very fast and covers a lot of ground. In the 50's we watched TV shows like "Daddy Knows Best" and "Leave it to Beaver." Unlike today's programs, these old-fashioned TV shows taught respect and manners. We practiced it at home and did our best to get along. I remember hearing more than once Mom and Dad praying that we would "not fight and quarrel". How could we if we truly love each other. I think we have to keep reminding ourselves, "We love each other." It makes such a difference how we treat one another and how we speak about one another when we remember that we love each other. Love-- it's a great thing. It makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment