July was a month of fun. We began early. The last week of June was the Palmer Family Reunion in the Coconino National Forest just 6 miles S. of Flagstaff off Lake Mary Meadows Rd. Grant & Cindy won the "Who had the most kids at the Reunion?" award and his son Tim won the award for "Who traveled the farthest?" Grandma Kay won again for "The Oldest Family Member" at the reunion but Lana and Lila won the Rook Tournament. Yes, be beat even the awesome, fearsome team of Grandma and Tim. Yikes and Wow!
We stayed over to the 4th of July weekend and reserved our camping spot for the "RedShoe" campout where more family, friends and neighbors were invited to come. There was archery, horseshoes, marshmallow wars, horseback riding, a lake nearby and lots and lots of games and cards. The food was terrific and the company unexcelled.
"What's the World To Us Without A Family?" It's a dark and dismal place. Like a thunderstorm without a rainbow like a smile without a face... Yep. That's another song of mine. It's a fun sing-along song as well. I added a bridge and a third verse. It's a funny and fun to sing song. There's just nothing as great and wonderful as Family. Oh, the wealth of age and wisdom. I learn so much from my elders, I wish I could be in their company and drink from the fountain of their knowledge and experience. I thank God for my parents, my brothers and sisters, their families, my children and their families.
No comments:
Post a Comment